Monday, July 2, 2012

Ready-Fire-Aim-Fire


Provided by: topnews.in/general/shooting

So, let’s say that you have thought about it, prayed about it, and you still have no solid idea about what you are supposed to do with your life….

Oh, before I go on, welcome back.  Hope you had a great weekend.  If you have not read, last Monday’s blog, I would strongly recommend it.  It provides the framework for everything today.  I put a link at the bottom of the page. J

As I was saying, let’s pretend that you are like me, and do not know specifically what you are supposed to do before you die.  It’s a common problem, and it’s something that I can totally relate to.  Where am I supposed to go?  What am I supposed to do?  Whose lives am I supposed to affect?  And how?

Well there are two major keys that I want to bring out.  One of them I will talk about today, and the other one, I will talk about next week.  The point I want to talk about today is something that I call “Ready-Fire-Aim-Fire”

Provided by: jewishmarksmanship.
blogspot.com
Often times, one of the most difficult aspects of starting something new is starting.  There are so many factors to consider, so many variables to take into account, and so many things that could not work out quite right.  Often times we have more than enough excuses to talk ourselves out of doing the exact thing that we were created to do.

You must start, and you must start with the understanding that you will need to make adjustments along the way.  If you think that you will wait to successfully start with a perfect dream, or vision, or process, or whatever, then it will never end up happening.  Your goal is imperfect, your system is flawed, or your program needs work… that’s ok.  Start anyway!  Obviously, you need to have a general direction in mind (and in the upcoming weeks we will talk about narrowing that down to a specific idea), but after you have something concrete, something that you are passionate about, go for it.

You might say, “Matt, I already know that my idea is imperfect.”  That’s fine.  Make adjustments as you go.  Remember the title of this blog, “Ready-Fire-Aim-Fire.”  After you start once, you realize that starting is not such a big deal.  Starting something new is actually fun and exciting.  It brings new challenges and horizons.  It provides the opportunity to explore, challenge yourself, innovate, and come up with something unique.  BUT YOU MUST START.  You will be so glad you did.

That is exactly what I am doing.  I have never moved to a different country before.  I have never packed my things and said good-bye to everyone I know and love for several months.  I have never left behind all of my material possessions to chase after a dream.  And yet the willingness to do just that was how this project started.  There have already been adjustments that have been made since this project began, and I am sure that there will be more, but I just wanted to tell you, join with me!  Be willing to go for it.  Be willing to take a chance.  Just go into it knowing that you will have to make adjustments as you go.

That’s it for today, Tomorrow I will be telling you about another person that has inspired me, and helped me along this journey, and provided me with my one of my first tangible asset toward making this project a reality.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment