Friday, July 13, 2012

3 Keys to Development (Part 1)


Provided by: citywestchurch.com

What do you do when you are not moving forward in life?  The bible talks about developing your gifts and talents.  It talks about coming into maturity in Christ.  It talks about being fruitful and multiplying.  The question then is, what should we do if that is not happening?

For myself, I had a time in my life that was just like that: I was a civil engineer, and making tons of money for a 22-year-old, but my life was going no where.

[BTW: Hello, if you are new with us.  Welcome!  I would highly recommend you reviewing my last two Friday blogs.  They will really catch you up on where we are in this conversation.  The links are at the bottom. J]

As I was reading through the bible, I found 3 keys to having increase in my life, and I would like to share them with you.  All of these are found in Matthew 25:14-30.

The first thing to keep in mind is that it is God who brings the increase.  So many times in my life, I have strived to achieve, to be better than the rest, and to bring increase to my own life.  I strived so hard to bring increase that I neglected my current responsibilities.  Bringing increase is not my responsibility.  It’s God’s.  So that’s the first key: do not try to take God’s job.

The second key is the other side to that coin: be faithful with what we already have.  Be faithful with a little.  If every day we tried to just be faithful by developing ourselves: spiritual [with God], financially, educationally, musically, and physically, we would find that we have more than enough to keep us busy.


[Sigh] I really wanted to finished this series today.  There are so many other things that we need to move on to.  But the post was growing way too long.  Therefore, part 2, and the third key to success will be next Friday.  Apologies!  I cannot believe it is already Friday.  Have a great weekend, and we will see you back here next week for more awesome adventures!


Friday: July 6: http://mattsmexicanadventure.blogspot.com/2012/07/cycle-of-life.html
Friday: June 29: http://mattsmexicanadventure.blogspot.com/2012/06/there-are-3-types-of-people.html

No comments:

Post a Comment