Monday, August 6, 2012

The Real Pitfalls

So what are the real dead ends in life?  Last week it seemed as though I were saying that there are no dead ends.  It seemed as though all paths lead to your life destiny.  It seemed as though all things work together for good....  Is that true?  In my experience, no.

Provided by: rainsalestraining.com
Right now, in my life, I have a period of 3 or 4 years that just seem absolutely wasted.  There is no good fruit that came from that period of my life, and as time goes on, there is still yet to be fruit come from it.  I am not saying that God cannot redeem the time, and I am not saying that it will stay that way forever, however as of right now, looking back, there was a AVOIDABLE point in my life where nothing good happened.

In my opinion there are two things that will always lead to a pitfall in someone's life.  One of those things is a destructive lifestyle.  When I say, "destructive lifestyles" I am talking about any behavior pattern which causes damage in an individual's life, and in the lives of the people around them.  I do not have time to debate which behavior patterns are bad, and which are beneficial.  I am merely going to state that if anyone has a destructive lifestyle or behavior pattern, it will hinder them from achieving the mission of their life.  It will not help.  It NEVER helps.  And ultimately, it could end their life in absolute disaster.  Destructive lifestyles are the antithesis of the mission that God has for you to accomplish.

The other thing that can cause someone to fall off the path that God has for them is selfish ambition.  This one is a little more difficult to define, but basically, there is a difference between accomplishing something to bring attention to yourself, verses doing something to bring glory and honor to God.  The main qualification that I always have is, "Who gets the credit?"  If people are trying to advance, achieve, or accomplish something only to benefit themselves, then if they switch to try to bring honor and glory to God, they often have to start all over.  Rarely can that person just switch and transfer success from one venue to another.  In addition to that, it is much easier to be successful with God's help, than without it.

Well, that's all for today.  Thanks for reading.  I will see you tomorrow for more awesome adventures!

P.S. Here is a helpful list for identifying destructive lifestyles:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
NKJV

So yeah, these would be things to avoid!  :)  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment