Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Real Story of HITCs Return from Mexico


Hello again everyone!  The plan is, as of right now to share something funny, random, or wacky with you every Wednesday, and today I have the perfect thing lined out.  This is, without a doubt, the most random birthday present that I have every received.

My last birthday was absolutely my best one ever… except for maybe my first one… because without that one I wouldn’t have been… born.  But besides that one, my last birthday was the best!  It was the day that my HITC class and I returned from Mexico.  This meant that I got to celebrate my b-day with friends in Mexico in the morning, and with my American friends in the evening… and in between I got to celebrate with my HITC class during our layover in San Francisco.

We had all separated in the airport to find our first authentic American meal in 2.5 weeks before re-congregating in a corner of the airport.  There I was, walking over with my plastic brown tray of pizza, breadsticks, and a 20 oz cup of soda, when I noticed that something was up….

After I had taken my seat in a long line of black vinyl, metal armrest clad, airport chairs, I was promptly presented with a slightly crinkled set of four, small, slightly blue pieces of journal paper with these words written on the front:

“To:
Matt

Love:
Us J

What follows is the exact story that was written on these pages.  No changes or edits have been made.  HITC class of 2012, this blog entry is dedicated to you:

May 25, 2012

In honor of Matt Sterling and his day of birth.

Written by: HITC Mexico

Once upon a time Matt was flying in an airplane.  Suddenly… [SJL]
There was a big white hand that reached back and grabbed his leg really intensely.  The hand was so strong that he tried needed to use two hands to pry them off.  After two hours he got the hand off and… [SM]
Was really happy.  Sooo… [HK]
He was like, “who just grabbed my leg? I am gonna…” [JJ]
Give them the biggest hug ever because… [BD]
I’ve had a cramp in that leg for 27 years and now it’s gone!”  So he jumped up and did a jig, but then he fell! [RMC]
And knocked over the coffee of a prissy business woman across the aisle, spilling it all down her white suit… then she erupted with… [ALB]
Epileptic spasms!  In shock her Chinese minions jumped out of her briefcase and started chanting mandarin incantations [JB]
Frantically, Matt tried to find some towels to help wipe off the coffee, but all he could find was a… [SJF]
Used tissue in his pocket.  At this point he decided the only logical answer was to turn on his smolder.  At this point the Chinese minions… [Speddy]
Turned to look at Said but Said wasn’t paying any attention to the minions because was asking Matt and Jonathan a very reasonable question.  But both Matt and Jonathan were exasperated as they unanimously raised their hands in the air and answered back to Said, “wrong question, right country.” So being perplexed, Said said to them… [DZ]
“I put my shades on and I take ‘em off.  Suddenly the minions started singing the song with them.  Matt looked back to see the minions  dancing and the… [Steve]
Business woman running in circles yelling, “Everything looks different while it’s dark out,” while simultaneously baking a cake while blindfolded.  Suddenly Matt realized… [SF]
That he wasn’t in Kansas anymore and wanted to go back.  He used his soccer skills to kick past the minions to get a parachute.  He opened the door of the airplane and just as he was about to jump out… [DG]
He remembered he left his oven on at home so he couldn’t jump because he needed to go home and turn it off.  Just as he took his parachute off he looked down and was baffled at the sight of… [ES]
The grotesque tint of his alligator shoes.  He’d been on the travel a lot, and kicking minions does that.  But then he remembered he had an app for that.  So he turned off his stove from his phone, put his parachute on, opened the door and yelled… [NSU]
P L E N A R Y   V E R B A L
And happy birthday to meeeeeeeeee! [SJL]

The End

HITC, you are the best!!

Thanks for reading everyone.  Tomorrow’s post will be smaller.  Promise J  It is going to be about being destroyed by my mom.  Don’t miss it!

[picture provided by marccortez.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment